Saturday 12 January 2013

Pregnancy- 2nd Trimester - Preparing for baby!!!!

The most recent picture of my baby from a Hospital in Bern, Switzerland. We went to find out the sex of the baby while on vacation in Gstaad but he/she was in a weird position and they couldn't tell. Im waiting till 20 weeks to know now lol.
Prince or Princess ?!?!?!?
How beautiful is the baby though. This is a 3D image and its sometimes very hard to get every feature clear at once. The eyes look blurry but they are there. How AMAZING are his/her lips!!!
I'm so in Love.

Im finally 17 weeks / 4 months pregnant and I am so excited to officially confirm what Im having. Some people choose to wait to find out the sex till the baby is born, but I am WAY to anal and organized to wait that long, plus,  If I wait till the baby is born or if I find out now- it is still a surprise. I am just so excited to plan the nursery, the color, the wall decor, the bedding, the furniture.... Im looking forward to it all.
Jennifer Stano. 17 weeks pregnant here.
I have been using Olive Oil at night on my body to prevent stretch marks

Looking back on these past 4 months Ive been REALLY lucky. I had 0 morning sickness. I suffered from horrible migraines for a little while but realized it was completely triggered by chocolate, which btw has never bothered me before. Since giving up chocolate I have not had 1 migraine, and thank god, because one night I had 3 in a row... HORRIBLE! The first 2 months I think I had the worst cravings, but it could have been my body just telling me -YOU NEED FOOD! Normally, I eat simple and clean as Ive been into fitness and staying "fit" or lets just flat out say it... SKINNY, since entering the fitness world when I was 21years old, but when I got pregnant something happened and all I wanted to do was EAT! I craved everything I ate growing up, bagels, pasta, grilled cheese... It got bad. I definitely gained weight FAST, but since my BMI ( body mass index ) was underweight to begin with, it hasn't shown as much as it probably should have.

Everyones bodies are different, and no 2 pregnancies are alike. People wondered how I showed so fast, and said that Im "HUGE" for 4 months. I just think people don't realize how small my midsection was before I got pregnant. A 23" waist and a bust that is 29" is TINY. Theres only so much room inside to fit everything before it starts poking out. All of my friends that were tiny in their midsection showed really fast. Sure their are girls who are tiny and don't show fast, but again, everyones bodies are different, I happened to show fast, and Im really happy about that.
Then and Now. 11 weeks pregnant there
Then, itty bitty waist.
 Im already in maternity pants a month now and I found this super fab site for the cutest maternity clothes. The hardest thing for me to find has been fitted shirts. Even Harrods maternity department SUCKED had nothing cute, except their jeans!  Everything else was so frumpy and seemed like it was meant for woman much older than me. I may be pregnant but I'm still a fashionista and care about how I look. Nothing is cuter than a lady who is pregnant and still dressed trendy. I wanted to embrace and show off my bump, not hide it!  I searched the internet for stores in the UK ( since Im living there for the year ) and came across what is now my favorite maternity store, Isabella Oliver. They have the cutest basic T-shirts and long sleeve T's, all fitted and in a variety of great colors. The quality is amazing and right now they are having a up to 50% off sale- ALL of my favorite items are half off!!! They also have my favorite leggings, also on sale.

Check them out www.isabellaoliver.com

Me wearing one of Isabella Oliver's wrap tops.
Yes I know, My butt is growing as fast as my belly, it's those Italian genes coming out FINALLY! lol

Let me also clear up all of the Ultrasounds. A ton of people on my instagram asked WHY I was going for so many ultrasounds and telling me its bad for the baby. First off, NO, It's not bad for the baby. Ive asked numerous doctors if it is harmful to the baby and they all said no.  Secondly, if you didn't read my " Im pregnant" post, you should. I started out having trouble conceiving so we went to a fertility clinic which figured out the "issue" and I got pregnant right away. But being that we started there they monitor you much more closely. From weeks 4-8 I was there weekly for checkups, blood work etc. At week 8 they were suppose to dismiss me but when they were checking my ultrasound they saw that I had a small  blood spot which meant I had a tear internally. I never had external bleeding (sorry if that is TMI ) but they told me no working out and to just relax. I went back the following week and the spot was gone. THANK GOD! I was a wreck when they told me. 

Then that weekend Alki and I came to London where we will be living for the year because of business, the baby, and just change ( yes we still have our house, cars and doberman in Beverly Hills with my family who is housesitting).  When I came to London my new Dr wanted to preform a quick US due to the traveling to make sure everything was ok and get up to date. So there was another ultrasound. Then a week or 2 later I had to get the Harmony blood test / scan done which tests for Down Syndrome and can detect common fetal trisomies. Then 2 weeks later you go back and they do a full scan of the baby where they measure the fluid at the back of the babies neck to determine if the baby has down syndrome or not coinciding with the blood test results, as well as a taking measurements  of the babies full body and so on. I am now coming up on my second trimester scan which is typically done between weeks 18-22. During this scan I hope to confirm the sex of the baby. I can't wait to find out if Im having a little prince or a little princess.
My Pregnancy Blog Post.


I started to look for some generic items I need for the baby , or for me lol, like a diaper bag.
I asked a few friends what they used and liked the best. It came down to - Louis Vuitton Totally bag in the signature LV print and / or  the Prada Black Nylon baby bag, I decided I'm going to get both. A baby bag you will be carrying around for at least 2 years so as my fabulous friend Johan said,
"You better love it".


Louis Vuitton Totally MM or GM bag. Print is good for winter or summer and is durable. 



Prada Nylon Black Baby Bag, goes with everything.

Some of the bags I love that are not quite as expensive and that are still super cute are: Gucci, Marc Jacobs and Juicy Couture.
Gucci Diaper Bag

Classic gucci print, what I love about this bag is it has a matching baby carrier!

Toned down and earthy looking yes still feminine and girly.  Marc by Marc Jacobs

For the girly girl Juicy- You can never go wrong with Juicy Couture.
A look back at the last 4 months.

Where it all began. 

5 Week Ultrasound

6 week Ultrasound

8 week ultrasound

9 week Ultrasound

I think around 10 weeks

After measuring the baby it turned out to be 11 weeks

12 weeks 4 days

How beautiful, the baby is sucking it's thumb.
15 weeks 1 day

16 weeks 4 days. Such a cute profile


Beautiful lips.
16weeks 4 days
Same day as above, trying to confirm sex but couldn't see
How cute is the baby's arm and fingers.

The next post Ill do is a product update, Pregnancy outfits, and some DIY projects.
Jennifer Stano , 15 weeks pregnant here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.