Friday 3 February 2012

Home Remedy- Powdered Milk Face Mask


Last night after going through my vanity drawers I found an entire collection of Powdered Milk!!! I have been wanting to take a bath in Milk for a long time but never got around to doing it- or remembering anyway. So I decided to try it on my face instead. Cleopatra was famous for her beautiful skin. Her secret was that she soaked in baths of fresh milk. "Modern laboratories now know why milk worked such wonders for her skin: the lactic acid in milk is an alpha hydroxy acid, a natural material that dissolves the glue that holds dead skin cells together. Milk can cleanse the skin down to its deepest layers." I didn't know all this before actually apply the milk to my skin, but this definitely explains why my skin felt and looked so amazing after taking it off. You can get powdered milk anywhere and it is so cheap and so far everyone on the internet raves about its effects.





Heres what I did:

I took about a 1/3 cup of powdered milk and put it in a container. Then I slowly added warm/hot water little by little while stirring with my finger. I wanted to do a mask so I needed it to be more of a paste rather than liquid. My powdered milk was kind of chunky so while stirring I would try to smooth out the chunks to become a smooth paste.. It worked... but not really. And thats ok.









I applied the paste to freshly cleansed dry skin. I even put it over my lips- I mean it is edible ;)
Once I covered my face completely, I did a second layer with what was left. I then took a paper plate and fanned my face to help it dry. I let it sit for about 10-15 minutes and then grabbed a wash cloth and started to take it off with warm water. The feeling was really creepy- The top layered dried but underneath was still a bit moist so it felt like a second skin was cracking ( the milk layer ) but I couldn't feel it. I think you'll see what I mean. Its was funky feeling.
After getting all of the milk off of my face ( it took some time washing ) I noticed my pores were minuscule! My skin was glowing and sooooooo smooth! I didn't feel dried out but I did apply moisturizer right away. Waking up this morning my skin feels amazing. Any bumps I had or dry skin is gone!!

After Loving this so much I decided to look up more ways to use powdered milk. I found out that you can also use it as a cleanser as well!!! And in your mask you can mix in Honey, Yogurt, Granola...  I searched for some ones that sound amazing to try and listed them below.  Try this tonight and let me know what you think!! And if you have any Home remedies yourself please submit to JenniferStano@gmail.com. I would LOVE to feature you and your home remedy on my blog!!!!!

Have Fun Ladies and Gents xoxoxoox

PS. I just noticed on my package of Milk that it says Instant Dry Milk. I tried looking up the difference and from what I can find dry Milk has more fat ( mine says nonfat?)  in it and powdered milk is more watery ?! Anyone with info on this please share. Either way it worked amazing. Deff try it!


 Some additional Masks with Powdered Milk :


Face Mask






------------------------------------------------------------------------------







HOW TO WASH YOUR FACE WITH MILK





Step 1

Pour ½-cup oatmeal and ½-cup of powdered milk into a small bowl. Add just enough warm water to the powdered milk and oatmeal to form a thin paste.
Step 2
Splash your face with warm water. Massage the milk cleanser into your skin using your fingertips.

Step 3

Allow the milk cleanser to sit on your skin for two to three minutes. Rinse the milk from your face with a cool water rinse to help close your pores.

Step 4

Pat your skin dry with a clean, soft towel. Repeat the process at least once a week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.