Monday 27 December 2010

Get My Body:My stay in Shape Secrets

In 2004 I signed with a few agencies in nyc for fitness, print and commercial and Parts. I was always in shape and booked a ton of jobs purely based on how my body looked but it wasnt until 3 years later that I really got into fitness. In 2006 at age 21 I got my first Big Endorsement deal with a supplement company called Met-Rx. I was their cover calendar model, in all their ads and attended all of the BIG fitness events such as The Arnold Classic in Ohio and Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas. I started working out 4-5 days a week lifting heavy weights doing a ton of squats and eating super "clean". I achieved the body of my dreams, but maintaining it is alot of hard work and dedication.





Some of my ads and banners with Met-Rx









































Between 2007 and present I worked with BSN, Champion and STS supplements. In 2009 I competed in my first ever NPC bikini competition in Pittsburgh PA and placed 2nd in my class!!!



































Work with BSN and STS






































Long story short- in 2009 I moved from NY to California. Alot happened in 2009 for me and with all the stress and the move cross country I gained 10 lbs.  Im normally 110lbs where I look my best but I had gotten to 120lbs and on my 5'6" frame it showed alot!! I was so unhappy with how I looked, I didnt fit my clothes and I was working my butt off in the gym and I wasnt seeing any results.  A girl friend of mine told me about this detox product she has used before and how she swears by it; so I gave it a try.

The product I took was called Isagenix ( The revolutionary practice of Nutritional Cleansing, which can result in greater health, well-being and weight loss, is the foundation in which Isagenix® and its systems were developed.). I did their 9 day program and I dropped 6 lbs in 9 days. Whats great about isagenix is that it's a safe detox, "nutritional cleansing"<---- read what Isagenix does.
The 9 day system I did  http://www.isagenix.com/us/en/nineday.dhtml


This jump started my body so I was able to go to the gym, work my butt off and start seeing results. Nothing is worse than working out 4-5 days a week and not seeing any results. This program is also great if you have an event or vacation that you want to look good for... It's a tough 9 days- but if you stick to the directions strictly - You'll be so happy with the results.

Now a year later I'm back to 110lbs and after the holidays I plan on hitting the gym again hard and preparing for my second NPC bikini competition as well as getting ready for my swimwear lines 2nd big shoot-  www.havefaith.com !

ADDED: My stats
Height- 5'6"
weight: 110 lbs
bust- 32D
waist- 23.5
hips- 35
shoe- 6.5, 36.5
jeans- 24/25, 00/0

Some thing I eat and drink- or dont for that matter- to help me stay in shape.
I DONT EAT:
-anything white- white bread, white rice (except w/sushi), mashed potatoes, pasta
-sweets
-cut out milk and sugar in my coffee
-no sodas
-no alcohol
-no ice cream
-barely any cheese

I DO EAT:
-eggs
-sweet potatoes
-gluten free, wheat free pasta
-brown rice pasta ( I'm Italian.. I love my pasta so this is a great alt)
-Ensure
-oatmeal
-soy milk
-sushi and chicken

In the mornings before I go to the gym, I'll grab an ensure out of my fridge and drink that on my way to the gym. I swear this helps me stay in shape and it has everything you need in a meal!



















I get a case of like 24 at Costco. My favorite flavors are Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry. Make sure not to get the ensure Plus as it will make you gain weight. Another good ensure drink is the muscle health- with 13g of protein instead of 9g. One of my little secrets. It's a meal replacement though- don't drink this with a meal!!!

The Gluten free, wheat free brown rice pasta I eat I get at whole foods. Its called Pasta Joy by a company called Tinkyada.

















I mix this with some veggies and a light pasta sauce and its great. You can also mix it with tofu or tuna  so you get your protein in there.





















I'm also addicted to tea. I drink tea with every meal I have. I normally have either green tea, chamomile or mint if I'm out and I mix in a tea spoon of honey. Don't know if this helps me in anyway BUT I'm literally just telling you what I do.

I deff dont drink enough water. My trainer Lauren Kern tells me all the time to drink, drink, drink !! That will be part of my New Years resolution. Its great for your skin and also helps fill you up amongst other things.

So here is just a few things that helped me to get in shape, and continue to help me stay in shape. The next fitness blog I'll post will be what I do in the gym- and eventually my competition diet from my Trainer Lauren.

Let me know if you have any questions.. and good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.