Tuesday 4 January 2011

Me and Botox!

I'd just like to say- That I have not had anything injected into my face since July 2010 !

I had received a comment from a girl which I posted because she was being honest and I have nothing to hide- here it is below.
My response was :


I wanted to do a post on this not to prove myself to everyone but you let girls know that it can age you really fast if you go over board- which I have at times, and just to share my story. If you have not already read my Plastic Surgery blog- please do :) 

When I first got botox I had it injected into my forehead, between my eye brows and right on TOP of the outer corners of my eye brows; to achieve a lifted look....

What does Botox do?
When Botox is injected into the muscles of the forehead, it blocks nerve impulses which results in the weakening of the muscles that cause frowning, kind of like paralyzing the muscle. Eventually over a period of several months, given enough of these injections, the frown lines start to get softer and in many cases eventually disappear completely. Botox can also be injected into the muscles of the face that cause crows feet, forehead lines and frown lines.

.... Well after the person injected the outer corners on TOP of my eye brows within a few days- those corners started to droop. I couldn't believe it- they were frozen down and wouldn't move. I swear I looked surprised all the time. It was horrible.




























Ok, so the next time I went for botox, I went to someone else and I  told them what happened the previous time. So they injected me right UNDER the outer corners of my eye brows. Well... I got the look I thought I wanted, but at first it was alittle too much.. I looked like a joker and or a devil LOL




























So after a month of or so the botox starts to wear off... And after about 3 or 4 months the botox is "said" to be just about gone.. Well I went though a faze where I think I was getting more botox every 2 months.. if that. It became an obsession I guess you could say, and because it was there.. I just did more.  
I finally had a photoshoot for my company Have Faith Swimwear- It wasnt until I saw a picture of me modeling that I said " OMG I NEED TO STOP ! ". I looked old. I looked like I had so much work done to my face and I couldn't understand WHY I was looking so done. The only thing I had operated on on my face was my nose; so there was no way just from that I looked so much older. I realized it was the botox, I was really over doing it and was HATING how I looked.


























So now, 6 months later I haven't had NOT 1 injection in my face and I feel like I'm getting back to "normal". I think I was just doing to much. The same thing goes with my lips. I have been getting them plumped for years now, but it too gets addicting and I went WAY over board once or twice. I did have pretty big lips naturally- so it originally started just wanting them poutier. Well I have since stopped that as well and I'm waiting for my lips to go down. 
I'm not sitting here saying I'll never do botox again or never get my lips done again.. I'm just saying- I did way too much too soon back to back and I'm giving it a rest for a while. I'm 25 years old (26 in 1 month AHHHH!)  and I want to look 25. The reason people get botox is to try to stay as young looking as possible for as long as they can.. NOT look older; when you start looking older- you did too much!
5 year difference

I hope you enjoy my very candid posts. Please also see if you haven't already my Plastic Surgery blog. I'd love to hear your feed back on this post and any others. As I have stated before, It's the readers and your wonderful feedback and comments that make this all worthwhile.

xoxo
-jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.